Saturday, April 19, 2014

Spring Break day trip to the beach

It was so... dang... cold! I checked the weather before I left; it said it would be in the 50's and sunny. It was not sunny. It was cloudy. But it was very, very beautiful!

The bad weather made the waves quite large, for this neck of the woods, and you could feel the ground shake as they crashed only a few yards away. It was hard not to watch-- until I got too cold to notice; that was when I knew I had to go inside.


 My feet were there!

I don't think it is possible to convey the utter magic-- the awesome, indescribable wonder-- that I feel whenever I get to go to the beach. Even though my poor feet were freezing right off, even though I was only there for one hour before I was too cold to enjoy anything any more, I still felt glad I had made the effort to go.

No comments: