Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Kept my goat

Image by Armin Kübelbeck; uploaded from Wikipedia
I have a kid-- like lots of my kids, actually-- who is somewhat of a tough customer. I had to write him up not too long ago for blatant disrespect. Earlier this year, I ended up sitting up at his lunch table a couple of days, in order to get the kids there to clean up after themselves (which is also a good story which I should tell soon...)

Anyway. The other day, he called me over and said, showing me his phone, "Look! It looks just like you!"

It was a picture of a purple, triangular-shaped cartoon character. Sort of blob-like. And for once in my life, I had the perfect response: "Oh my gosh! It DOES look like me! It looks exactly like me!!!"

The kid doubled over, cackling in laughter. I smiled, and then started walking again. When I told the story to a friend later that day, she pointed out that I had won my not letting him get my goat. The part I like is that I think we both won. :)

No comments: